I declined the offer… I will continue with the same company. The Placement Agency called me and asked why you are not joining? This is one of the Best Companies. What is the reason? Do you have any other offer?
Me: Do not have any other offer
1. I had five personal rounds of interviews.
2. I was grilled with questions but nobody took the time to explain what the job is about and did not even ask if I have any questions or i want to know anything about my job roll and responsibilities.
3. Number of questions did not make sense – like why I am leaving my employer. I was not, your Placement Agency in Jaipur approached me and convinced me to come for your interview. Where I see myself in 5 years. They could not tell me where they see their company in one year.
4. The hiring process is unorganized and took too much time.
5. The offer took too much time and kept on hold for long.
6. The interviewers did not compare notes because during the five personal rounds of interviews they were asking the similar questions. This should not look like an interrogation. They also looked tired and stressed. If you want to hire talent, fix your basics. Treat candidates as human, not as applicants. Fast forward, that company is not in the top tier any more. Take hiring seriously. Those who you hire will determine your organization’s future. No doubt employees are the intangible assets of any organization. Employee efficiency, efforts and their talent defines the growth of the organization. Employees can be replaced physically but their skills, knowledge and way of working cannot be exactly replaced, as each employee possess different think process and experience.